Addaguduru Surya Kiran
“Embedded Systems Project Lead”, Zunik Energies Pvt. Ltd. (Incubated STARTUP at IIT ROORKEE)
M.Tech (Power Systems), JNTU K (A), Andhra Pradesh.
Thermal Power Plant Engineering
National Power Training Institute, Neyvelli.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|Oct 2017- Present||“Project Manager” at Zunik Energies Pvt. Ltd. Role is to plan and facilitate technical projects and to implement them for the success of the company.|
Roles & Responsibilities
“Modelling, Simulation and Development of PMSM drive” for electric vehicle applications:
The most popular used electric motors in this sense are up to now induction motors (IM) and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM). PMSM are generally chosen for their high-efficiency, high-power density, and high reliability. Owing to these advantages, PMSM are widely used in modern variable speed AC drives, especially in electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid EV applications with different control strategies. Simulations and prototype development will be done.
DSP microcontrollers (TMS 320F28027, TMS 320F28069):
In this project sinusoidal PWM is implemented with EPWM peripheral by comparing the sine wave with the triangle wave and pulse width is varied by changing the amplitude of sine wave with ADC peripheral.
Common Mode Voltage reduction using active filter in Multi-level Inverter fed Induction motor Drives (At Zunik Energies, TIDES, IIT Roorkee), (10 months)
Common Mode Voltage (CMV) reduction is one of the important issues in the Inverter fed electrical drives, because it reduces the operating hours of the motor and causes bearing currents, shaft voltages in motors. CMV is caused due to pulse width modulation techniques implemented in inverters. This issue has been minimized in the present work using an active filter based Multi-level Inverter fed Induction motor Drive and the effectiveness of the work has been tested in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
A 1 KW prototype with R- Load is implemented for measurement of CMV in Two Level and Diode Clamped Three Level inverters and results were compared. The results have shown that 3 level inverter has low CMV.
Fuzzy controller for first swing stability enhancement in multi machine power system using MATLAB (Simulink)
The modern trend is to employ FACTS devices in the existing system for effective utilization of existing transmission resources. These FACTS devices contribute to power flow improvement besides they extend their services in first-swing stability (Transient Stability) improvement as well. Trajectory Sensitivity Analysis technique is implemented in this project for optimal placement of the FACTS Device. The performance of conventional PI controller and Fuzzy controller were compared in transient stability enhancement. The results have proven that Fuzzy controller is better option for the transient stability enhancement.
- Hardware experience on Inverters with 28069 and 28027 microcontrollers.
- Plant visit to N.L.C(Neyveli Lignite Corporation) & learnt about power plant familiarization, operation and maintenance of 210MW boiler, turbine and generator.
- Trained at N.P.T.I Nagpur on 210MW simulator.
- Visited 400 KV switchyard in N.L.C.
Key Technical Skills
- Programming Languages : C,C++, MATLAB, Simulink, DSP microcontrollers (TMS320F28069, TMS320F28027).
- Web Technologies : HTML, CSS, (Basic)
- Operating Systems : Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Ubuntu.
- Technologies : Microsoft Office, Code Composer Studio.
- Other technical skills : Database management, Technical Documentation.
- Leadership skills and team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Adaptability and resource management
- Scrum Management
- Sterling Management and presentation skills
- Time management and patience
- English (Fluent and Professional)
- Telugu (Mother Tongue)
- Hindi (National Language)