Surapu Prasada Rao
“Power Electronics Project Lead”, Zunik Energies Pvt. Ltd. (Incubated STARTUP at IIT ROORKEE)
M.Tech (Power electronics & Electric Drives), JNTU K (A), Andhra Pradesh.
Power Electronics & Electric Drives
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|April 2018- Present||“Project Lead” at Zunik Energies Pvt. Ltd. Role is to plan and facilitate technical projects and to implement them for the success of the company.|
Roles & Responsibilities
Working on FPGA Controller based BLDC Motor Drive (Zunik Energies Pvt.Ltd Incubated Startup at IIT Roorkee)
Design, modeling, simulation and development of BLDC motor drive has been introduced for electric vehicle applications, which (BLDCM drive) can give better performance over DC motor, induction motor and switched reluctance motor drives. Various control strategies will be implanted and simulations and hardware has to be implemented.
Measurement of Common Mode Voltage in Multi-level Inverter fed Induction motor Drives (Zunik Energies Pvt.Ltd Incubated Startup at IIT Roorkee)
Common Mode Voltage (CMV) is one of the important issue in the Inverter fed electrical drives, because it reduces the operating hours of the motor and causes bearing currents, shaft voltages in motors. CMV is caused due to pulse width modulation techniques implemented in inverters. This issue (CMV) has to be minimized to improve the performance, before that how much CMV is initiated from the Multi-level Inverter has to measured and then connect load as Induction motor Drive or R-load and then found CMV. The effectiveness of the work has been tested in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
A 1 KW prototype with R- Load is implemented for measurement of CMV in Two Level and Diode Clamped Three Level inverters and results were compared. The results have shown that 3 level inverter has low CMV.
Master’s Project: (Multi Objective Cuckoo Search Algorithm for Loss Minimization Incorporating UPFC)
Reduction of line losses can significantly benefit the utility by offsetting the requirement of augmenting the generating capacity. MOCS algorithm an extension of the famous cuckoo search optimization algorithm has been used for active and reactive power losses reduction by installing UPFC. An IEEE 30 bus system is considered for testing the algorithm and the power losses of the system are calculated. It is observed that both the active and reactive power losses reduced after applying the MOCS algorithm. The value of these losses further reduced after applying the MOCS algorithm by fixing the UPFC at an optimal location. The voltages and phase angles of the buses are also presented after and before installation of the UPFC. Hence the MOCS algorithm and installation of UPFC appears to be effective in reducing the power losses of the power system.
- One Week FDP on “Effective Solutions To Smart Grid”
- Two Day National Workshop on “Soft Computing Techniques-2016 (SCT-2K16)”
- One Week National Workshop on “Optimization Techniques for Electrical Engineering Applications”
- One Week FDP on “Power Electronic Applications for Renewable Energy and Electric Vehicle (PEREEV-2017)”
International Journal of System Assurance Engineering And Management-Springer
Key Technical Skills
- Programming Languages : C,C++, Embedded C, MATLAB, Simulink, XILINX.
- Web Technologies : HTML, CSS (Elements)
- Operating Systems : Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Ubuntu.
- Technologies : Microsoft Office, Latex.
- Other technical skills : Database management, Troubleshooting, Technical Documentation
- Development Environments: Android Studio, Agile development, Software Development.
- Leadership skills and team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Adaptability and resource management
- Scrum Management
- Sterling Management and presentation skills
- Time management and patience
- English (Fluent & Professional)
- Telugu (Mother Tongue)
- Hindi (National Language)